We all know which cars are the most overrated. You know, the Chevy Volt and every MINI ever produced, those kinds of cars. But what about the underrated, have you ever wondered which cars are the most underrated, the biggest of the dark horses of vehicles? Yeah, me neither.
But, the folks at CNBC have. And if there is one thing CNBC knows, it is unpopularity. These are the cars that CNBC lists as being the move underrated:
- The Chevrolet Cruze makes the list after being named by “Best Compact Car for the Money” U.S. News and World Report.
- The 2012 Kia Soul got a complete upgrade this model year.
- The Honda Fit is considered by some to be the top-rated economy car.
- The Cadillac CTS is said to have “psychedelic power” by Car and Driver.
- The Buick LaCrosse is a very nice large sedan.
- This model year’s Infiniti M comes upgraded transmission, engine and suspension.
- The Hyundai Sonata was a finalist for Total Car Score’s North American Car of the Year last year, so it makes sense that this year’s model is a respected vehicle.
- The Kia Sportage is the Top Safety Pick according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- The midsized crossover SUV the Cadillac SRX has a new 3.6-liter V6 engine that makes it a vehicle that deserves some attention.
- The Chevrolet Traverse is, according to Total Car Score, one of the top large SUVs on American roads.
- The Ford Taurus SHO is the full-sized big sister of the original Ford Taurus.
Are any of these cars a good buy if you’ve got a low credit score? According to our article 10 best cars for auto loans, only the Kia Soul. However, we venture to say that the Hyundai Sonata, Kia Sportage, and Honda Fit would also be good buys, especially if you can get them certified pre-owned vehicles.